Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lakegoddess

Default Changing date formats?

I'm pretty sure this can be done but if I tried on my own, I'll probably
fail or do a lot more than I need to... so here's my problem. In one
column, I have data (about 10,000 rows or more) in terms of a date
format, BUT it's not really the format I want. How do I go from:

Original: 20060105
New: 1/5/2006

I don't want to manually change each record because it'll be too long.
I tried format cells and it didn't work.

However, I noticed that if I put a "/" between the year, month, and
day, like so: 2006/01/05, it automatically becomes 1/5/2006. Is there a
small command/program that can insert a "/" after the 4th digit (year)
and the 6th digit (month) so it can become 1/5/2006?

Please help ASAP!!!!

--
lakegoddess
lakegoddess's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18646