Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Default sort names

Tricky, I like it! But Microsoft should make things easier by introducing VB
InStrRev as a worksheet function!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Bob Phillips€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Use this formula to get the last name in a separate column

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","~",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
","")))))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Tee" wrote in message
Please help I have a very long list of names all typed in one cell ie:

Miss L Rayner
Mr J C F Clark
Mr P R Brown
Mr D L P Race
Ms Peal

I need to sort this list by the last name.

I can sort this via Data Text to columns, but this give the surname in
either column 3, 4 or 5... is there anyway to overcome this and sort all
those after the last space?