Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Default Validation List

Sorry, but the named range Char1 don't give you an unique list of starting
characters. You have to create a separate table for it. You can enter all
alphabet caracters into it, and create a range Char1 as static one - when
you select a character for which is no name in names list, the Names data
validation list will be empty. Or you use formulas to create the unique
character list automatically from names list, and define the named range
Char1 as dynamic one (I don't have enough time at moment to find a passing
formula).

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )