Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grd

Default Function to calculate the interest of a mortgage

Thanks

The IPMT function looks like the candidate. I will experiment with it.

Janet

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote:

Hi,

Use IPMT function. If you don't have the toolpack installed, you can use
the following formula:

The interest due in the Nth month is,

L*R*(1+R/1200)^(N-1) - P*((1+R/1200)^(N-1)-1)

where L is the initial loan amount, R is the annual percent interest rate,
and P is the monthly payment made. When you enter the formula in Excel,
reference the cells containing the appropriate information for L, R, N, and P
(or hardwire their values), and remember to start the formula with an "="
sign.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Grd" wrote:

Hi,

How can I do an amortization schedule that gives me the interest as its
being paid off?

Is there a function that can help.

Thanks in Advance
Any help greatly appreciated