Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pmb0756

Default Double-clicking .xls file opens Excel but doesn't open the file

Does anyone know what caused this? I'm running excel 2003 and a few weeks
ago, it started with me too. Your solution worked, so thank you, but what
started it? I'm assuming it was a recent patch from microsoft, but still
wondering

"DG" wrote:

A user was trying to print a directory list of Excel files not know that the
command would try to open each file and print it. He cancelled the job
through Task Manager. Now when he tries to open an Excel file (.xls) by
double-clicking on it, the Excel application opens but the file does not.
File can be opened by clicking on "File", "Open" and selecting the file. Why
won't it open when double-clicking? Thanks.