Elijah

Hi Aladin,

I started to use your implementation - but I got confused with the
instructions you gave. I will definitely try it again to see if it overcomes
my current problems - and will post back to you. Do you have a prepared xls
example of the technique which you could email? )

I opted for the quick (and possibly inefficient) fix because at the time I
had a deadline looming.
I am noticing though that my xls is considerably slower than previously.

Elijah

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in
message ...

Elijah Wrote:
Ok - getting rid of the error is probably a better approach.

The errors come from an extracted list of customer names using the
array formula you provided before Frank:

{=INDEX(Custnames,SMALL(IF(RngA="Include",ROW(RngA )-3),ROW(1:1)))}

I extended the formula down further than was neccessary to acomodate
when the customer list growths. So that's were the #NUM! errors come
into play. I guess I don't neccessarily need to do this - but I want
to automate my xls as much as possible for when others use it.

If there is a solution it would be helpful, - but I guess not the 'end
of the world' :-)

Is there a particular reason for not implementing the formula system I
suggested in

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=276162

to extract the customer list of interest and associated values?

I'm saying this in view of the fact that you are attempting to use an
inefficient (slow), non-robust extraction formula which moreover
produces #NUM! errors that thwart further processing of the extracted
list. Expanding the formula in question with error trapping using
ISERROR makes it doubly inefficient.

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: