Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B.

Default IF / Else Format help needed

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can help make this a little easier for me to understand.

I have read through most if not all the previous posts on conditional
formating, SUMIF, etc...but I am no further ahead. It's probably simple,
which is why I am not getting it, but here goes....

I need to write a formula that will take the value of 'A' and if 'A' is
greater than 2, subtract 2 and multiple the remainder by 2, then add 3.

Part two or that same formule will say if 'A' is equal to or less than 2,
simply multiply by 1.5

What is boils down to is Overtime Pay Records where if the employee works 2
hours or less of overtime, then pay is at time and a half. If they work more
than 2 hours, the first 2 hours are at time and a half with the remainder at
double time.

Now, one more thing. If possible I would also like to vary the formula based
on 'B' being either 'R' or 'D'. if 'B' = "D" then the entire amount of 'A'
would be double time. If 'B' = "R", then the formula needed above would apply.

Thanks very much for any help.

Cheers!