Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default Spreadsheet performance is slow

The thread has aged off for me, but one way I use to clean up my temp file is
this:

Close every running program I can see.
windows start button|run
type
%temp%
and hit enter

Now you're looking at the files in your temp folder.

I show the files in detail mode (under View on that menu bar)

I click on the date and sort that date by list.

I clean up everything that is dated before today. (Click on the first one and
shift click on the last one, then hit the delete key.)

Then I try to delete the rest. Sometimes if a file is in use by some other
program (even a hidden program), you can't delete it. I just skip that one and
try to delete the others.

cctd wrote:

Kristi - you say you deleted everything out of your temp file - can you
tell me what you mean by that - ?

Please

Thanks

kathy