Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

Default automtically change ranges in formulas when new data is entered

Moreover, since you are on Excel 2003, convert the data area into a list
by means of Data|List|Create List to enjoy fully automatic adjustment of
formulas for references.

Ron Coderre wrote:
Try this:
For values in Cell A1 through whatever

B1: =SUM(OFFSET(A1,COUNTA($A:$A)-5,0,5))
Returns the sum of the last 5 items in the list.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"JRoyer95" wrote:

Using Excel 2003. New data is added to an exsisting worksheet on a daily
basis. I want my formulas to always apply to the last five cells of data
entered without having to manually update the ranges. For example: Today,
my range is A1:A5. Tomorrow, the range for the formula will be A2:A6. Is
there a way to automatically update the ranges after a new cell is entered?
Thank you!