Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

Default Sumif help please

=SUMIF($I$2:$I$90,"0",$A$2:$A$90)

Since you are on Excel 2003, convert the data area into a list by means
of Data|List|Create List.

Note that you might want to also consider using "<" instead of "0".

Terry wrote:
Excel 2003

I have a spredsheet as follows:
Col A = number of people related to each entry.(either 1 or 2)
Col B = Peoples names.(either single or a couple.)
Col. i = Balance paid.
Cell i97 = total paid to date.

Col.A Col.B Col. i
2 Us 2 £10
1 Me £5

Cell i 97= 2

Now what I am trying to create is CELL i97 to give me the number that have
paid to date as I update Col. B.

What I have at present in Cell i97 is just a sum total of entries.

In example above Cell i97 = 2 but I want it to = 3 as totalling Col A
would give me, as a number....Col i relates to Col.A

Hope I have explained ok?

TIA

Terry