Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Default calculating the years

Hi

=DATEDIF(HiringDate,TODAY(),"Y")

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"DKY" wrote in message

I'm trying to figure out how to get the years from a 'hire date' in a
cell. I currently have a date in cell A5 that is the hire date and I
want the spreadsheet to figure out how many years the person has been
with the company. I'm going to keep this as an ongoing thing on the
spreadsheet so currently I have a date of 7/11/2002 in that cell and in
another cell I have this formula
=TODAY()-A5
It gives me the days and I want to convert that to years. I tried
dividing it by 365 which worked when I changed the date in A5 to
today's date in 2002 but when I changed it to today's date in 2000 it
gave me 6.1 years. I think leap year has something to do with that.
Any suggestions?

--
DKY
DKY's Profile: