Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tony h

Default Unique identifier

Just thought I would add an alternative thought.
As I understand the process you "process" the spreadsheet and you need
to know what has changed between the last version you processed and the
revised version you have just received.

In this case If you keep a copy of the previous version (either the
relevant sheet or the whole thing) then various forms of compare are
available. The neatest, if the data allows for it (ie no long fields
and value only comparisons) would be to use ADO to execute an SQL
query.

If you can control locations of spreadsheets and names I would be
tempted to use an Access database with both spreadsheets as Linked
tables and the queries encapsulated within the database. Doing it this
way makes it easier to de-bug (I mean test)

But you sound as though you are getting on fine already:)

--
tony h
tony h's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21074