Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ellebelle

Default dependent rows

Hello,

Could somebody please tell me how to get the following information.

I would like one row to be dependent on another row and to make the
dependency cariable.

for example

In cell G10 I have specified that I want row 10 to be dependent on row 2 by
entering the value "2". This value can and will change throughout my project
as row ten will be dependent on different rows at different times.

In cell H10 I want a formula that looks at the dependency row in cell G10
(in this case row 2) and therefore adds the values in B2 and C2.

I think I have to use a combination of ADDRESS and MATCH but am really not
clear how to go about it.

Any help appreciated!

Ellebelle