Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam via OfficeKB.com

Default Positioning Numeric Values Resulting from 6 Column Array Formula

Hi Domenic,

Thank you very much for your assistance. The Formula as explained works Great!

Try the following, which will place values in individual cells...

T4, copied across and down:

=SMALL(IF(($A$1:$A$15=$N$4:$S$4)*($B$1:$B$15=COLU MNS($T$4:T4)),$A$1:$A$15
),ROWS(T$4:T4))

...confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Based on my original scenario: If someone could work around your Formula
using VBA so that multiple values could be placed in one cell that would also
be useful. I may try a Post in the Programming Forum.

Once again, Thank you .

Cheers
Sam

Domenic wrote:
Try the following, which will place values in individual cells...

T4, copied across and down:

=SMALL(IF(($A$1:$A$15=$N$4:$S$4)*($B$1:$B$15=COLU MNS($T$4:T4)),$A$1:$A$15
),ROWS(T$4:T4))

...confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Note that the formula will return #NUM! where the cell's column number
doesn't have a matching value. You can use conditional formatting to
hide them. It's the simplest and, I think, most efficient way.

Also, I've assumed that the values in Column A are listed in ascending
order. If this is not the case, and you want your values listed on a
first come, first serve basis, post back. Otherwise, your values will
be listed in ascending order, regardless of actual order.

Hope this helps!

Hi All,

[quoted text clipped - 48 lines]
Thanks