Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JulieD

Default Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

Hi

I would recommend running "Detect & Repair" from under the Help menu option.

--
Cheers
JulieD

julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

"canyondude" wrote:

My Excel has recently begun to bog down and even freeze up after performing
simple functions such as calculating formulae or drag-filling. Speaking of
drag-filling, sometimes it will fill the same text in all cells that I am
dragging through instead of filling a formula progressively throughout. Any
ideas why this might be happening? I recently loaded similar workbooks
written in different versions of Excel onto a USB drive and downloaded them
onto my computer to work on them. Might this be the cause and, if so, is
there a cure. Thanks in advance for your help.