Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default TEXT TO SPEECH CHANGES

I don't have a guess, but I did try this in xl2003 and it spoke the words for
me--no matter how the text was capitalized (both in code or via the user
interface).

I looked through the help (and under tools|options) and didn't find a way to
change any of those settings.

I do use a USA dictionary--I don't know if that has any affect, though.

pcor wrote:

Thanks for the input but I guess I did not make myself very clear.
Using the "SPEAK ON ENTER" mode the voice does read back what is hilighted.
The trouble is that if I have the word BASKET(all in caps) the voice says
it sees a " B" then a "A" then a "S"...you get the drift. But if I spell the
word "Basket"(not all caps), the voice does say "basket"
Is there a way to configute the text to voice function?
Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Enter this small macro:

Sub Macro1()
For n = 1 To 100
Cells(n, 1).Speak
Next n
End Sub

And it should "say" whatever text you enter in A1 thru A100
--
Gary's Student

"pcor" wrote:

Currently my text to speech config reads ONLY LETTERS if the letters are
CAPITALs(IE when it come to the word ABLE, it speaks A B L E
how can I change the setting to make the system say "able"
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson