Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niek Otten

Default Accounting Category Display does not show the correct format/outpu

Your "numbers" are actually text.
Copy an empty cell.
Select your "numbers".
EditPaste special, check Add.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"per-ardua-ad-astra" wrote in
message ...
My apologies if this is a known bug or I am missing something...

On a worksheet in a spreadsheet, I have some cells already having numeric
values in. When I try and format to Accounting Category, they remain as
eg
4.4, 0.9 left justified, rather than 4.40 and 0.90 right justified.

I have inserted another column to no avail. Is there some global action
on
the active worksheet that is stopping me changing the format? When I look
at
the format cells, it does say that the cells are Accounting and 2 decimal
places

In fact whatever I change it to, the cells remain the same value/output
display.

--
Thank you in advance.