Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cindy Winegarden

Default How to maintain text characters when converting from xls to dbf f.

Hi Nombo,

I'm used to working with FoxPro DBFs which have a limit of 256 characters in
a Character field (for longer strings use a Memo field) and a limit of 10
characters for field names. Maybe DBF IV is the same.

www.cindywinegarden.com

"Nombo" wrote in message
I am trying to save an xls (97-2002) file as a DBF IV format in order to
use
it in ArcGIS. The dbf format trucates my text (in addition to the column
heading) and converts the cell text format into a number format. Is there
any way around this? Is there a maximum character length for DBF cells?