Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Default Split Text

="E"&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

="E"&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Gabe" wrote in message
That worked pretty good, but now my format is messed up? I'm looking to
prefix the result with an "E" how would I do that? Before I just used a
custom format of "E"#### that worked pretty good but when I use the

formula
it doesn't work. How can prefix it with an "E" for the following?

A1 =Sheet1!A1
A1 displays the value (GE00205189)
B1 =RIGHT(A1,4)
B1 displays the value (5189)

Thanks.

"RagDyer" wrote:

Try these text formulas:

In B1,
=LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

In C1,
=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))

--
HTH,

RD

"Gabe" wrote in message
I am trying to split data from one cell to another, I tried using the

TEXT
COLUMNS wizard but it wants to split the cell as a formula instead of

the
value.

A1 =Sheet1!A1
A1 displays the value (please,help)

How can I split the value of A1 into A2 and A3?

Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks.