Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pstar

Default Hide cell value conditional on its value

I have a worksheet that shows employee names/positions in column A, followed
by monthly salary in columns B through M. Some rows will have blank values
for several months depending on whether a particular person/position is going
to be hired/fired/etc. I need to create a duplicate worksheet that will show
the same names/positions, but doesn't show the $ amounts. For example, if a
certain position was empty until March, I would want the Jan & Feb cell to
remain blank and the March-Dec cell to contain an indicator of the presence
of a value, this could be just an "x" to indicate that in the original
worksheet the cell was populated with a salary.

the purpose is so that I have a separate worksheet to distribute to managers
to plan their headcount month-by-month without disclosing confidential salary
information.