Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default PDF Converter

AccessHelp wrote:
Hello all,

I am looking for a good pdf converter to convert all the pdf files into
Excel or a text file (txt or prn) without losing (retaining) any structures
or formats from the original pdf file.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Please give a name of the
software, cost and where I can buy it.

Thanks.

------------------------

It depends on what you're doing. If you mean you have a table that's been
printed to a PDF format, I find I can generally just copy/paste it into Excel
using Adobe's Reader. You may need to write some VBA code to parse it properly
into columns, or it may work as is depending on the complexity of the table.

One step up in complexity is that I use character recognition software (Abbyfine
in my case). It's capable of reading in a PDF file, and allows you to define
the columns and such and then dumps it directly into Excel properly tabled.

If you mean you have a huge PDF document full of random stuff (like a newspaper)
and want to automatically find one particular table and suck it into Excel
without manual intervention, then I have no idea how you're going to do that
without a lot of programming.

Good luck...

Bill