Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Default Return alternate value if VLookup can't find match

Hi

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A3,'Report
data'!$A$1:$P$9999,4,FALSE)),B3,VLOOKUP(A3,'Report
data'!$A$1:$P$9999,4,FALSE))

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"SueJB" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm finding my way round the intricacies of VLookup and making some
progress, but am stumped by a small problem.

I have a working VLookup in a worksheet called Staff

=VLOOKUP(A3,'Report data'!$A$1:$P$9999,4,FALSE)

which returns a name from the Report Data sheet if it's present, and a 0
if
not. However, rather than the zero I would like it to return the value of
column 2 in the Staff (active) worksheet.

Can this be done with a nested function or does it need VBA?

All comments gratefully received!

Sue JB