Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark T.

Default Maintain Relative Reference After Inserting a Column

Worked perfectly. Thanks! -Mark

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:
B1: =OFFSET(B1,0,-1)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Mark T." wrote:

A B
1 +A1
2

If column B1 has the formula +A1 in it, and I insert a colum between columnn
A and B, C1 then has the formula +A1 in it as a result of the column insert.

A B C
1 +A1
2

How do I construct the original formula in B1 (+A1) so that when a column is
inserted between columns A and B, which moves the formula over to column C as
a result of the column insert, the formula in C1 references the cell next to
it as +B1 rather than still showing +A1 as the formula? I want the formula to
always reference the cell immediately next to itself without being affected
by column inserts.

I know there is probably a simple answer but I can't figure it out. Any help
is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark