Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gee...

Default If it's not a space, return the cell contents.

Thanks, guys...just what I needed!

"Gee..." wrote:

I have a column of data that's generated when some tests are done.
There are "File" names, then any number of "Page" names.
All the Page names start with 5 spaces (space-bar hits).
I would like an if/then function that would look at the first character and
if it's not a space to return the contents of the cell.
Like if the cell says " A23 " I would get a return of "" (nothing).
If the cell says "BC55HTM" I would get a return of "BC55HTM"