Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mhall5

Default Counting Using Multiple Criteria

Does anyone know what is the best way to count values based on multiple
criteria? I am trying to count each instance where based on a certain
range of dates, a person name shows up. What would be the best way to
do this. I have tried countif, count(if(, Sumif, array formulas,
sumproduct,etc. All of these to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions
or thinks I am overlooking something please let me know. THe colums
which contain the dates and names of persons are not ajacent. Any name
can be corresponded with any date, even identical. Please help!!! Also
is it possible to enter date ranges as criteria in excel

--
mhall5
mhall5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30087