Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobJJ

Default E-mail hyperlinks-need to disable these

In Excel 2000 (I know, should update the program, but since I am low-level in
a large government agency, this is not an option), is it possible to turn off
the automatic creation of a hyperlink when entering an e-mail address? I'd
like these to show as plain text, but I can't find any solution other than
individually removing the hyperlink, but this is a pain when many addresses
are created. I saw a solution for Excel 2002, but this doesn't appear in
2000 (Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab,
uncheck "internet and network
paths with hyperlinks"). There is no such options under autocorrect in the
version of Excel I'm stuck with.

TIA,
Rob