Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Hyperlinks to a date cell

I put the dates in 'Sheet 2' in cells A2:A999 (with today's date also in A1).

Then I used this hyperlink formula:

=HYPERLINK("#"&ADDRESS(MATCH(TODAY(),
'Sheet 2'!$A$2:$A$999,0)+1,1,1,1,"sheet 2"))

(one cell)

mevetts wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to have a hyperling between two sheets that jumps to the
cell that is displaying today's date?

I have a column on one sheet that has every day listed and at the top
of the sheet I have the formula =TODAY() working. I then use
conditional formatting to highlight the current day in the list by
turning the text red.

Can I link from another sheet to the cell displaying the date today?

I guess it would have to be in a range as it would get confused by the
fact that the date is being displayed in 2 cells, the one at the top of
the sheet and the other in the list? Can ranges be applied in
hyperlinks?

Any pointers would be great.

Many thanks,

Mark.