Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Highlight birthdays

Hi Bob

Apologies for that last response, I have made some changes to OE6 and it
is putting some of my responses in weird positions relative to the
original post

It should have appeareed as

You're quite right.
My formula is absolute rubbish, as it would also give incorrect
results to any other days in the next month which are less than
Today's DAY().

Yours is the far nicer (and correct) solution.
Happy New Year to you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:
0),DAY(A1)-DAY(TODAY())<
<0),DAY(A1)-DAY(TODAY())<
wrote
Hi
There may be a simpler formula, but the following seems to work

=AND(MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY())+(DAY(A1)-DAY(TODAY())<0),DAY(A1)-DAY(TOD
AY())< =14)
--
Regards
Roger Govier
jocker wrote:
Using conditional formatting how would I highlight birthdays coming
up within the next 14 days.
I can't use < today()+14 since birth year is in the past. I don't
mind using VBA if this helps

Hi Bob

You're quite right.
My formula is absolute rubbish, as it would also give incorrect
results to any other days in the next month which are less than
Today's DAY().

Yours is the far nicer (and correct) solution.
Happy New Year to you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Bob Phillips wrote:
Another example

=AND(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))=TODAY( ),DATE(YEAR(TODAY())
,MONTH (A1),DAY(A1))-TODAY()<=14)

Roger, yours seems to highlight 1st and 2nd Feb. Haven't looked at
why.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips