Jim Rech

The Reviewing toolbar in Excel pops up whenever you open a workbook that has
been emailed from within Excel "for review". There may be other ways to
make this happen too. If you do a File, Properties you'll see the custom
file properties that have been added that triggers this.

You can kill the added file properties manually or run the below macro to do
it.
--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Sub KillReviewingCustProps()
Dim x As DocumentProperties
Dim Counter As Integer
Set x = ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties
For Counter = x.Count To 1 Step -1
If Left(x.Item(Counter).Name, 1) = "_" Then _
x.Item(Counter).Delete
Next
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False

Jim Rech
Excel MVP