Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nicole M.

Default Pasting constant formula where referral sheet changes

Fab! I will try this after I finish up with fixing our traditional New
Year's Day meal here in Texas of Black Eyed Peas and Corn Bread!

Just to be a pain, I would like to know not just the formula that will work
but why it will work so I can replicate the efforts again another time
without referring to the original workbook that got me started in that
direction to begin with. Would you mind tellng me in more or less plain
english (presume I am computer savvy, just not techie schooled) what
"sentence" the formula is composing? Thanks so much for the assist. I get
so frustrated with myself when I can't figure things out on my own that I
just know will seem like a kead knocker once I see the light (one of those
things you hit yourself up side the head for and say 'duh' about).

Nicole

Happy New Year, by the way!

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Try this:

=INDEX(INDIRECT("'FP
"&INT(ROWS($1:4)/4)&"'!I:I"),17*(MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,4)+1)-9)

And copy down.
--
HTH,

RD