Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ragdyer

Default Pasting constant formula where referral sheet changes

Did the cell you entered the formula into return the contents of cell I25 on
Sheet "FP 1"?

RD

"Nicole M." wrote in message
This appeared to have no effect. It did not alter the sheet referred to

in
the formula, just copied exactly as it was.

In my formula, FP 1 (etc) is the sheet referred to, whereas the row and
column are constant. To make it more fun, since I am dealing in fiscal
periods the formula series repeats every fourth cell only, but with a new
sheet referral. I had taken the time to do this the tedious (and highly
inefficient) way about a year ago, then was an idiot and did not protect

the
formula cells thinking that the person using the workbook would have sense
enough to not type into those cells. Naive, naive, naive. Live and

learn.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

You can try this:

=INDIRECT("'FP "&ROW(A1)&"'!I25")

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Nicole M." <Nicole wrote in message
I am creating a data tracking workbook. Information is entered into

cells
on
different sheets, then the tallies are pulled to one easier to read

sheet.

In creating the tally sheet, I am setting the cell formulas. The

cells
referred to are constant, only the sheet referred to changes. For

example,
the cell might read

='FP 1'!$I$25

and the next one should read

='FP 2'!$I$25

...and so on. I would like to be able to paste the formula and have

the
referred to sheet change so that I do not have to go through and make
hundreds of little changes. Any suggestions?