Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ragdyer

Default cells adding problem

I'll bet that there are formulas in B9 and C9, and you have those cells
*formatted* to 2 decimal places!

Don't forget, formatting only changes the display of the value, *not* the
actual value, so I would guess that the *actual* values in those 2 cells are
not exactly what's displayed.

You may want to *round* your formulas, so that WYSIWYG.

=ROUND("your formula",2)

--
HTH,

RD

"Bentley" wrote in message
When I add two numbers from two cells (=b9 + c9) the answer in d9 is one

cent
too much. If I add the exact numbers instead of the cell reference, then

the
result is correct (b9= 47,334.89; c9= -33,113.61 and correct answer is
14,221.28). What is adding the extra penny to give me 14,221.29?