Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob_F_Roecker

Default Multiplying A Whole Column By 2 ??? Help

Much better way of doing it than what I suggested.

I didn't realize that's how that feature worked!

Thanks for sharing!!!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Save the file first (this one is for you)
Now type 2 in any empty cell and copy it
Select all the B cell and use Edit |Paste Special-Multiply
All B values are now doubled!
Save file with another name (this one is for customers)
Happy New Year
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"joesther37" wrote
in message ...

Hello,

I recieve product stock list from my supplier in excell.
2 columns, A = products , B = prices
I need a formula that will multiply all prices in column B by 2
so I can then easily forward stock list to my customers without
revealing original values in column b.
I have tried all the basic first thought ideas and none have worked.
please provide help. thank you.

--
joesther37
joesther37's Profile: