Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ragdyer

Default Excel Help

Say that your datalist is on Sheet2, A1 to B25,
With the employees name in Column A, and the managers name in Column B.

On Sheet1, enter the name to lookup in A1, and try this formula in B1:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$25,2,0)

You can copy this formula down Column B, if you have a list of names to find
in Column A.
--
HTH,

RD

"TheTone" wrote in
message ...

Hi

What I'm trying to do is when I enter a name into one cell the one next
to it automatically enters something else.

E.G. Enter someones name in A1 and A2 automaically enters their
managers name. Their name and managers name will be in a list.

Any help will be greatly recieved, been trying yo sort out and it
making may head spin

--
TheTone
TheTone's Profile: