Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Excel worksheet functions.

I cannot answer your question, as I have never seen them used, but I can
make some guesses. In the early days. MS were obsessed with the competition,
especially 123, and built features of them into their products. The
TRUE/FALSE functions could well be as a result of this. In Excel they are
unnecessary AFAICS because tests resolve to True or False anyway, so
something like

=IF(A1=17,

has a True or False alternative action. Similarly, if a cell resolves to
TRUE or FALSE, you don't need to test it, as

IF(A20,

is the same as

IF(A20=TRUE,

--

HTH

RP

"balanand" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me, What is the use of the "true" and "false" worksheet
functions?

--
balanand
balanand's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m630