Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Return list of uncleared checks

Hi!

This can be done easily without filters, pivot tables or VBA code but the
performance would depend on how "large" the file is, ie: How many rows of
data need to be searched for uncleared transactions and how many
transactions need to be compiled.

I can put something together for you if you can send me a sample of your
register. If you're interested let me know how to contact you.

Biff

"bem" wrote in message
I appreciate the advice, but I was hoping for something a little more
automatic. I know how to use autofilters and pivot tables; I was hoping to
create a separate sheet in the workbook that was linked to the
register...may
be I am going about this the wrong way...if I use a "form" and link to the
primary register...uncleared transactions could "live" on that page and
once
cleared move to the register?

I need to think about this some more....or learn to use Access.

Thanks for trying, though.
bem

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Have you tried using an Autofilter to view only the uncleared checks. You
must have a method for flagging the cleared checks (clear date, "x" in a
cell, etc) that you could use for filtering, right?

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"bem" wrote:

I have a check register set up in Excel list form, but it is getting
pretty
large and cumbersome to navigate. Is there a function/formula that
would
return a running list of uncleared transactions...I would like to have
an
at-a-glance report that lists uncleared transactions. It would be nice
see payee and amount but amount would suffice.

If this requires an array formula, please speak

Thanks,
bem