Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Default Using the Indirect function with a sheet number instead of a sheet name

Not possible using built in functions, Harlan Grove wrote a UDF

http://tinyurl.com/7cnaf

and if you scroll down a bit more there is a method using Excel 4 macro
however if copied it will crash some versions of Excel

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"JDB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks but that does not seem to answer my question.

As I understand it, each worksheet has 2 names; a name and a codename.
If I look at the VBA explorer I can see 2 names for each worksheet
sheet1(Lucky).

Sheet1 is the Codename, and "Lucky" is the name.

I want to use the Codename in the function Indirect.

Thanks

JDB