Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bem

Default Return list of uncleared checks

I appreciate the advice, but I was hoping for something a little more
automatic. I know how to use autofilters and pivot tables; I was hoping to
create a separate sheet in the workbook that was linked to the register...may
be I am going about this the wrong way...if I use a "form" and link to the
primary register...uncleared transactions could "live" on that page and once
cleared move to the register?

I need to think about this some more....or learn to use Access.

Thanks for trying, though.
bem

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Have you tried using an Autofilter to view only the uncleared checks. You
must have a method for flagging the cleared checks (clear date, "x" in a
cell, etc) that you could use for filtering, right?

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"bem" wrote:

I have a check register set up in Excel list form, but it is getting pretty
large and cumbersome to navigate. Is there a function/formula that would
return a running list of uncleared transactions...I would like to have an
at-a-glance report that lists uncleared transactions. It would be nice to
see payee and amount but amount would suffice.

If this requires an array formula, please speak s..l...o...w...l...y....

Thanks,
bem