Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rock Jock

Default Microsoft Excel should allow layers that can be turned on and off.

I use Excel to capture geologic data most of which is heavily formatted for
visual display and ease of understanding. When I cut and copy data in cells,
sometimes the format is cut or copied as well. I would like Excel to have a
layer on which the format is applied and the data residing on a different
layer. When the format layer is locked, a cut or copy or paste only affects
data, not the format.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions