Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jacob_F_Roecker

Default write macro col A date Col B gas col C dollars

I know you said you're looking for a Macro but I'm a fan of formulas and
would like to offer the following

Column E=Miles/Gal
version 1 =((D2-D1)/B2)
version 2 =(G2/B2)

Column F= Cost/Gal
=((C2/B2))

Column G=Distance Traveled
=D2-D1

I know it's probably too simple minded. But I like things that just work
and this works.

Hope this helps

"Macro Help" wrote:

I am trying to write a macro where I put the date in col A, go to col B and
put in the amount of gas, go to col C and put in price of gas, go to col D
put in mileage go to next col E an have it calculate miles per gallon then
ask if another entry is to be made. Then have it go to the next blank line
when the macro is run again. I am having problems as I do not understand all
of the terms in Excel, Lotus was much easier. If anyone can help I would
appreciate it.

Bob