Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben

Default copy and pasting a find all list into another column

Darren, Thanks for the help however this formula is not working. I am looking
in one column 20000 + rows long for a part of a few words, example:

Woodman Park Apartments or Woodman Park Apts

I am looking for the word Apartments or Apts. That word(s) will not be the
only word in any of the cells. Do you have a formula that would look for
either word?

Thanks. I am a relativly new to formulas.
Regards, Ben

"DARREN FONG via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Ben,

you could try an "IF" formula in the next collumn

i.e

=IF(A1="your text to find",your text to find,"")

then edit/fill/down

and then possibly to remove the formulas

edit/copy

edit/pastespecial/values

Ben wrote:
Does anyone know how I can paste the find all into a new column in the same
corasponding row number? I did a copy from the "Findfind all" list by right
clicking the list then do "copy". Those cells (non-adjacent cells) get
highlighted but when I past it in the next column to the same row it pastes
the list in order not in the correct cell. Must I use formulas to do this and
if so which formula? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

thanks