Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I stop numbers from rounding in Excel?

I can only think of those ways--change the format away from General, widen the
column or reduce the font size. Maybe someone else will chime in with an
alternative.

Josette_N wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried the General and the Text formating in the
sheet, and it still rounds up. As for other formatting with the decimal
places at .000, the problem there lies with the sheet. I really can't widen
the columns any more than they are, and reducing the font size makes it hard
to read.

There has to be some function or other alternative out there that I'm
missing. Any other suggestions would be appreciated... thanks!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If your cell is formatted as General, try widening the column or reducing the
font size.

Josette_N wrote:

Using MS Excel 2003 Professional Edition...
I've created a time and attendance worksheet where people can enter their
hours in increments of .25 for 15-minute intervals. I can't format the cells
to sum numbers without rounding it to the next highest number.

This causes problems such as:
2.50 + 7.25 = 9.80 (when it should read 9.75)

I know that I could add decimal points to the format (7.250) to correct the
problem, but this makes the sheet messy and cluttered, and my boss doesn't
like it. He wants it to read 8, not 8.000 when it's just a single number.

Can anyone assist? Thanks for your time! :-)

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson