Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Standard Deviation

Perhaps it would be simpler/quicker to just add a header row, then
autofilter on col A for rows < 0, and copy paste the filtered rows to
another sheet. Then over there, just put in say, C6: =STDEV(B2:B6) and copy
down
--
Rgds
Max
"Carlos" wrote in message
Hi Max,

First of all thanks for your advice. I'm afraid I did not give more detail
of what my problem is.

To give you more idea of what my goal is all about, say I limit my

criteria
to 5 consecutive instead of the 40 (to shorten my example below). Column

to analyze the 5 consecutive results ignoring Column A with zero :
A B C
1 15
2 20
3 10