Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Boriana

Default Formula for selecting the greater of two values?

Thank you, Govind. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Bonny

Govind Wrote:
Hi,

Type in this formula in B3

=MAX(A1,A2)

Regards

Govind.

Boriana wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following: I would like one of the

cells
on my spreadsheet to reflect the greater of two values. In other
words, let's say cell A1 contains the value 23 and cell A2 contains

the
value 24. How do I make a third cell, i.e. cell B3, automatically
reflect the greater value (in this example, 24)? When it comes to
formulas, I'm only familiar with the most basic of basics, like
summation or subtraction or multiplication. So if anyone could

provide
a basic formula, I would very greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

--
Boriana
Boriana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29992