Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

Default SUMPRODUCT USING WORDS AS WELL AS NUMBERS FOR CRITERIA

try something like this
=sumproduct((a2:a200="H")*(b2:b200200)*c2:c200)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Andrew C" <Andrew
wrote in message
I have the following grid excerpt:

WHSE COST QTY Total
H $28.57 864 14583
H $5.13 7424 64566
H $98.28 115 2833
E $14.76 1050 12000
H $65.06 194 2194
H $12.20 755 9567
E $14.76 900 7050
H $189.17 43 546
1 $46.90 265 1921
H $12.20 490 7234

I have attempted using the SUMPRODUCT function to find all the quantities
in
WHSE H which are greater than 200 (for example), but all I get for an
answer
is 0. It appears the function does not like me to use numbers for a
criterion since I can get it to work with words as fields but not
numbers...or could it be the greater or lesser operators? I am just
finding
out how to do this so any help from the experts would be appreciated.