Kate Smith

Default Dropdown selection crashes

I have a dropdown list generated by validation function that is used
in the formula below. When user makes a selection in cell I$5,
formula was supposed to lookup the appropriate flexible ranges to come
up with the value.
For some reason only the first name on my list works. When I pick any
other name from that list, I get #Ref error. It seems like excel has
it programed somewhere that this is the only name allowable. I've
tried renaming my choices but it didn't fix the problem. Only that one
name works. Any suggestions on fixing the problem? Thanks.

INDEX(INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(I$493,INDIRECT(VLOOKUP(I$4, Range_1,2,FALSE)),3,FALSE)),MATCH(I$5,INDIRECT(VLO OKUP(I$4,Range_1,4,FALSE)),0),MATCH(MONTH($A5),MON THS_3,0))