Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Default sumif wrong result

Intrigued, send file to my private email
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"tallyman00" wrote
in message ...

This spreadsheet is budget that shows projected and actual
expenditures.
On Row 4 I have either an "A" or a "P" for each month of the year. For
rows below 4 I have different types of expenditures. They are all
numbers. For each of those rows I am testing the corresponding cell on
row 4 to see if it is an "A" or "P". If I just do a sum for the columns
that I know that I have an "A" or use my calculator, I get a different
result than when I use sumif. I don't understand why sumif isn't giving
me accurate data.

--
tallyman00
tallyman00's Profile: