Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
darkwood

Default Difficult (at least to me) formula question

All I get with the index formula is #N/A and followed the formula
exactly.

The AND function doesn't really do me any good if I just autofilter
afterwards. I can autofilter right now, but it doesn't accomplish what
I need. I need to put this formula on the front page, so that it's
pulling the aggregate totals from column C on the data page, over to
the appropriate cell on the totals page. The formula as I entered is
as follows:

=INDEX(Data!C2:C122,MATCH(1,(Data!A2:A122=3)*(Data !B2:B122="SD-FREE"),0))

and used Ctrl+Shift+Enter I used A2:A122=3 b/c I wanted to look up
branch 3 and SD-FREE, corresponding total in Column C. The data exists
currently in cells A68 thru D68 that meets the criteria I am looking
for, but the formula didn't pull over the number from Column C.

--
darkwood
darkwood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29948