Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Counting Dates

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:07:02 -0800, "billy"
wrote:

All.

Thanks for responding to my question with an answer. I actually meant 41
months instead of 53. I added an extra year. Sorry for the confusion. :(

"billy" wrote:

Hi,

I have two dates: 1/1/01 & 5/25/04
How can i write a formula that will show the number of months from 1/1/01
thru 5/25/04? This should show 53. I don't need days but months.

Thanks,

OK, but there are still issues in your specifications.

For example, in your dates, May is not a full month, so the number of full
months is actually 40 and not 41. How do you want to resolve this?

And on a related note, how do you want to resolve month counts if the start
date does not begin at the first day of the month?

e.g. How many months between 1/15/05 and 3/3/05?

--ron