Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DKennedy

Default Daily Totals on a summary sheet

I have a similar problem. I want to capture daily totals to get a daily
history in order to track the progress of a project. I have a summary sheet
that keeps a running total of the progress made from 4 other sheets. I have
three cell that list dates, the start date of the project, the end date and
todays date using =now()
A B C
1 Project Name % of Budget %completed
2 Name 20% 25% (this is a running total)
3 Today
4 Start
5 End
6
7 start day 5% 5%(these are daily running totals)
8 day1 6% 9%
9 day2 14% 17%
10 End day 20% 25%

Currently I would have to cut and paste each days activity into A7,A8...

Were you able to solve your problem and do you have any insight into mine?

"Allewyn" wrote:

I have 14 sheets in the workbook
Each sheet has names and numbers and a €˜total calls made cell which I call
from a separate summary sheet
I am tracking calls everyday on the 14 different sheets (different categories)
Yesterday I went through the pain of typing =sum(, click sheet tab, select
cell, +, click next sheet tab, select cell, +, etc.
Yesterday I made 16 calls and the above approach worked great
Today I made 3 calls
Now it doesnt work as great because I want to keep the daily totals
separate on the summary sheet without having to do what I did yesterday.

Column
J2
Row A2 16 Calls yesterday display in A2
3 Calls today
currently 19 displayed on summary sheet from yesterday in
row A2 again, wiping out the prior
number 16
would like to display 3 on summary sheet in a different cell from
the 16 prior calls, such as A4, without having
to go through typing (+, clicking
sheet tab, select cell), (+ clicking
sheet tab, select cell), etc every day.

Is there a way to do this with an automatic update from each sheet to the
summary sheet?